Innovative Environmental Modelling for Submarine Geohazards, Geological Modelling and Renewable Energies.
Weather Water Sand (WWS) is an innovative start-up company founded in 2021 as a Spin-Off from the University of Genova by a group of professionals with several years of environmental modelling experience in academia and industry.
WWS provides innovative numerical modelling services for the entire spectrum of natural flows, including winds, waves, littoral and tidal currents, rivers and submarine gravity flows with applications to renewable energy projects, oil and gas developments and environmental projects on land and offshore.
Our experts use advanced atmospheric, hydraulic and sediment transport models with applications to:
The services we offer have in common the application of physics-based, advanced numerical computation techniques that describe the motion of the air and water masses and the associated sediment transport. We aim to provide high-quality numerical modelling solutions of natural processes for:
- Predicting the forces associated with the flow of fluids and their potential impact on engineering structures and the natural environment.
- Predicting the transport of sediment associated with natural flows, the spatial distribution of sediment removal by erosion, and the spatial patterns of sedimentary deposits.
- Predicting the physical characteristics of modern and ancient deposits using numerical simulation techniques.
- Providing the best deterministic/statistical predictions for the natural flows used as renewable energy sources in all areas of the world, with applications to economic evaluations for new and existing renewable energy projects, including wind, tidal, hydro-electric and solar.
- Evaluating the triggering processes of submarine flow events (e.g., turbidity currents, landslides) and the likelihood of occurrence over short to long time scales (10’s to 1000’s of years).
December 15, 2021
WWS has established another service contract with RINA to provide geological and geotechnical studies for a deepwater development offshore MozambiqueRead more
December 6, 2021
WWS wins a service contract with RINA to provide geohazard and flow modelling studies in support of a large deepwater development project offshore MozambiqueRead more